My husband and I don’t really get into the Valentine’s Day thing. We like to show our love all year-long. hahaha
I wanted to make something special for him, and this is what I did on Shabbos. He loved it!
It was so simple to make.
2 cups sugar, 1 cup soft butter, 4 eggs, 2 3/4 cup cake flour, 2 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup strawberry puree (I used frozen ones), fresh strawberries for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add strawberry puree and vanilla extract to milk.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool.
- Remove from pan and add your favorite icing and strawberries.