YUM! YUM! YUM! I made this with the new veggie shrimp and it was so good. You should try it. It is nice cool summer meal that did not take a lot of time to make. My family enjoyed it!
I am so happy. Recently I had to get all my hair cut due to a bad color job. I never color my hair but I let a friend talk me into it and the company Regis Salons in the Wal-Mart really messed it up.
A friend told me about this company WEN and I placed my order and was so happy once I tried it. I love the way it leaves my hair and will be using this product for years to come. I recommend it to all those who find shampoo to be very damaging to your hair.
As parents, we often buy our kids these gimmick-type beds. But as they get older, we find these beds are no longer useful. I am in that boat today. Our son is now 7 years old, and we need to find him a new bed. He has told us that he would like to have the bunkbed type bed, but without the bunk bed at the bottom. Instead, he wants the desk there. I have been shopping around and looking at different brands. I don’t want to spend more than $500 for this bed, but I do want to find something that he can use well into his teenage years. I’m going to do some comparison shopping this week to see what I can find, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
LEARN FROM HER EXPERIENCE
Sopko picked up several key tricks that stand the test of time, most importantly the Golden Rules of Military Fashion: Always check for a dress code. If you have questions, ask the hostess.
She says wives can save money by owning a set of classic, interchangeable pieces: a black skirt, jacket, pants and dress shoes. Find ensembles that can be dressed up or down with shoes and jewelry. And borrow from friends when you need to.
From more recent years, we offer these notes from the Fashion Front:
· Skip the skirt if you might climb onto or into a military vehicle or ship. During tours, ladders and stairs are manned, typically by random members of the crew. Often, they will stand at the bottom and look straight up to guide you. Don’t give them an inappropriate view.
· Avoid stilettos and super-high heels. You will often need to stand reverently while flags and people parade. Military events can be located outdoors on grassy fields or in industrial work areas. You may need to climb bleachers. You don’t want to aerate the grass or struggle to walk.
· Consider the weather for outdoor events. It’s hard to look proud when you are shivering or sweating profusely. If needed, borrow a great formal coat or stylish hat.
· Know the dress code. Ask, “What is my spouse wearing?” “How many high ranking officials are going to be there?” “What are other spouses wearing?” If you’re confused (for example, if the dress code is “Crisp Aloha”), call those in charge and ask. This is doubly true in a foreign country or unfamiliar culture.
· Avoid elaborate undergarments. This is especially important for a deployment homecoming. Military events are very hurry-up-and-wait affairs. You might run to catch a bus, and then stand in a hall for two hours. Both activities can lead to chafing. Plus, despite your fantasies, reunion sex is notoriously awkward. Don’t make it complicated. Opt for matching, silky, supportive and stretchy. Before a ball, always give underthings a dry run at home with your outfit.
· Opt for elegant over sexy. Remember: This is a work event for your spouse. You can plunge the cleavage and raise the slit on a personal date, but not while you’re meeting your spouse’s boss and co-workers.
· Carry an emergency kit. Just in case, stock your purse with an extra set of stockings, clear nail polish, safety pins, and clear deodorant.
Recently a friend of my husband and mine posted this on his blog. I read it and understood what he was trying to say. The response he got was mixed to say the least.
I understand that as a President of the US you are not free to inject your own will or beliefs when making laws. So many have spoken out about what he has done on the topic of Gay marriage.
I don’t agree with it but I also understand why so many feel the need. The laws in our great country allows only husband and wife to have or are entitled to what ever a surviving spouse has from the other.
What do you think?